Australian magpie chicks hatch at Toledo Zoo | News
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) - The Toledo Zoo announced Thursday that 2 Australian magpie chicks hatched at the zoo on February 6.
The chicks will be part of the zoo’s upcoming Wild Walkabout exhibit, which opens on May 24.
The magpies were acquired from the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo as fertilized eggs and hatched in Toledo.
There are a total of 11 Australian magpies living in North American zoos.
The birds are currently not on display, but will be when the exhibit opens.
Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hollywood Casino Toledo celebrates 1-year anniversary with outdoor concert series
- Crews battling suspicious vacant house fire in east Toledo
- 2 fires in east Toledo, person in questioning
- Masterworks Chorale to present ‘American Collage’ June 1
- E. Toledo garden featured Sustainable farm tour begins in June